DonorsChoose is committed to supporting teachers, particularly in this uncertain back-to-school season. Starting in July 2020, we’re expanding shipping options and flexibility for some projects.
If your project is fully funded on or after July 21st 2020, you may have the ability to request that your project materials be delivered to an address other than your school when confirming funding for your project.
Please note, in order to send materials from your fully funded project to a custom address, you’ll need to make sure that your DonorsChoose account is verified.
What must be sent to a school address:
- Resources from specific vendors - Some vendors are only able to ship to school or district site addresses.
- Most technology - Any technology that you request also needs to align with any technology policies your district may have.
- Very large or expensive items - To ensure that your resources end up in the right place for you and your students, materials like furniture, smart boards, and carpets may have to be sent directly to your school address.
- Very expensive projects - To make sure pricey resources end up exactly where they’re supposed to be, any project that costs over $2,500 will be sent to your school address.
- Special Request resources - To ensure end-to-end transparency with our donors, any special request materials must be sent to your school.
- Professional Development resources - To ensure end-to-end transparency with our donors, any professional development materials must be sent to your school.
If your requested project materials are eligible to be sent to a custom address, you’ll be able to enter that address during confirmation. Please note that as part of our materials ownership policy, all materials belong to the public school or Head Start center at which the teacher is employed, regardless of where they are shipped.
Have a Distance Learning Project live on our site? Check out how your project is impacted here.
Have a project that was fully funded before July 21, 2020? Check out how your project is impacted here.