When you set up your account on DonorsChoose, you include a personal email address where we can reach you with updates about your project. To verify that your account belongs to an eligible public school teacher, we also ask you to enter your school email address: we won’t use this email address as our primary way to contact you, but will ask you to confirm that you can receive and click a link within your school email inbox. We’ll ask you to verify your school email address when there are updates to your teaching details or if we need to confirm you are still teaching at your listed school.
If you are an unverified teacher creating a new project, you’ll be asked to provide a school email address. If your email address does not match the school in your profile, try a district email address if you have one. If you do not have an official email address or if you’re having trouble with the form, please reach out to our team.
When confirming funding for your project, we’ll ask you to verify your teacher account once more if you choose to ship to a non-school address.
In order to complete confirmation and verification for a project shipping to a non-school address, you should have received a message to your school email address. Check that inbox and click the link in the message to complete verification.
Here are some additional tips on verification from our team:
- If you are having trouble receiving a verification email to click into, check your spam folder. It is most likely being blocked by a spam filter or routed into a spam folder.
- Make sure you’ve added DonorsChoose to your “safe senders” list
- If you’ve accidentally sent more than one email to verify your teaching account, make sure to click into the most recent email.
If you’re not able to verify using our verification forms, email us at email@example.com:
- Use your school email address to write to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to include the following information in your initial message:
- Your DonorsChoose account email (usually your personal email address)
- Your school email address
- Full name and title, or description of teaching role.
- [Optional] A link to your school website