When you’re thinking about materials for your professional development, remember that they must have a clear benefit to your students.
In order for us to approve technology for your classroom, your project essay should include:
- what you will learn from this technology
- how it will improve your ability as an educator and enhance your student’s learning experience.
For inspiration, check out some of our most popular PD material requests by subject areas:
English and Language
- The Writing Strategies Book: Your Everything Guide to Developing Skilled Writers - AKJ Education
- Rosetta Stone - Latin America Spanish Full Course Online Subscription with Download - Best Buy Education
- Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students’ Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching - Amazon Business
- STEAM Kids: 50+ Science / Technology / Engineering / Art / Math Hands-On Projects for Kids - Amazon Business
Mindfulness and Emotional Wellness
- Social Emotional Tools For Life - Kaplan Early Learning
- Culturize: Every Student. Every Day. Whatever It Takes. - Amazon Business
- Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School?: 99 Personal Money Management Principles to Live By - Amazon Business
- Make Your Kid A Money Genius (Even If You're Not): A Parents' Guide for Kids 3 to 23 - Amazon Business
Music and the Arts
- Sing Say Dance Play - Woodwind and Brasswind
- Essential Rhythm Activities for the Music Classroom Book - Woodwind and Brasswind
General Educator Growth
- The Growth Mindset Coach: A Teacher’s Month-by-Month Handbook for Empowering Students to Achieve - Amazon Business
- Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator - Amazon Business
Please note: All physical materials are considered property of your school according to our materials ownership policy.
Trips and Visitors
You can request a Professional Development trip or visitor project at any time throughout the year. For trips and visitors, please make sure your event date is within 2-8 months of the date you posted the project.
We know events come with other expenses, and we’ve got you covered! You can include the following into your total project cost for the days of the event:
- up to $30 per event day for food
- up to $100 per event day for lodging
- up to $150 per project for transportation
Food, lodging, and travel costs will likely be reimbursements. This means you or your school will provide payment up front and then request repayment by uploading an itemized receipt through your teacher page.
For inspiration, check out these projects that feature commonly requested professional development experiences:
Ron Clark Academy
Get Your Teach On
Google Educator Certification
Breathe for Change