Your role is eligible to create projects on DonorsChoose if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You work in an eligible school.
- You're employed full-time (or considered at least 0.75 FTE) by a public school, public charter school or the Office of Head Start.
- You're a front-line educator or other faculty member whose main responsibility is to directly teach or counsel students:
- Front-line educators and other faculty can include (but aren't limited to): classroom teachers, subject-area teachers, librarians, therapists, counselors, school nurses, etc.
- You're in charge of creating your own lesson plans (or equivalent in a non-classroom role), and not primarily assisting another lead teacher.
Your role is not eligible to create projects on DonorsChoose if you:
- Are in a primarily administrative role, e.g. Principal, coordinator, business officer, Dean
- Teach or train staff and other faculty members, and only spend some time with students while assisting other teachers, e.g. instructional coach/teacher developer
- Are a parent (including PTA members)
- Are an instructional aide or a school staff member that primarily assists other faculty members, e.g. teachers' assistant, paraprofessional, or student teacher
- Are a temporary substitute teacher, a part-time teacher, or an after-school teacher
- Are in a supporting ‘school staff’ role such as cafeteria worker, security guard, bus driver, etc.
- Work in an Early Head Start classroom