At DonorsChoose.org you may ask for a variety of resources that will help your students learn! This can include requests for materials or requests for class trips or class visitors.
Requests for materials:
Most projects for classroom materials are requested through our vendor directory. Check out our list of commonly requested items and vendor list for a general idea of what's available! You'll be able to start shopping once you begin a project.
You'll want to make sure you have enough points to create the class project of your dreams. Requests for materials from our vendor directory require 1 point.
If you want to request materials that aren't available through the vendor directory, you can submit a special request project once you've earned 6 points. Learn more about special requests.
Class trips and class visitors:
You can submit projects for class trips and visitors for 1 point.
All DonorsChoose.org projects must meet the following criteria:
- All requested resources must be used by students or directly provide a student experience.
- The request must be appropriate for your school (i.e., if your school can only service PC computers, you should request that type of resource).
- The project must not provide a financial benefit (eg. commission, profit, dividends) to the teacher or their network of family and friends, or demonstrate a conflict of interest between a teacher and the vendor.
- The project cannot foster discrimination or proselytize a religious or political viewpoint.
- Any project that infringes upon a student's safety or right to privacy is not eligible.
- The project essay cannot include legal disclaimers, promises of rewards or other promotional language.
- We encourage teachers to submit projects that can be carried out at any time during the school year, as it can take anywhere from four minutes to four months for a project to be fully funded.
See great sample projects for inspiration and get started!