Requesting gift cards for your project is a great way to creatively engage students and get you the things you need. Because we are dedicated to being transparent with our donors, we have some specific guidelines surrounding how gift cards can be used as a project resource.
All eligible gift cards must be requested in denominations no higher than $25, and the total cost of the gift cards in your project must be no higher than $500.
Eligible gift card requests include:
- Gift cards for your students to buy books from a bookstore on a class trip, or a similar experiential learning activity
- Gift cards to give to your students as a reward or incentive
Ineligible gift card requests include:
- Gift cards for your students to buy things from superstores, drugstores, or any other general store
- Cash cards or prepaid debit cards
- Gift cards to purchase items that our vendors carry - in this case, we will ask you to shop through our vendors instead
- Gift cards to purchase special request items - in this case, we will ask you to request the individual special request items instead
Some gift card requests will need to go through our reimbursement process. A popular example is requesting a gift card to a grocery store to purchase fresh food. In this case, you can title your item to be reflective of your needs (for example “snacks,” “fresh fruits & veggies,” etc.) and link your gift card in the URL section of your project creation. Instead of sending you a physical gift card or reimbursing you for a gift card purchase, we will ask that you purchase the food items yourself and submit your receipts to us for reimbursement. There is no denomination or total price maximum on this type of gift card.