Requesting gift cards for your project is a great way to creatively engage students and get you the things you need. Because we are dedicated to being transparent with our donors, we have some specific guidelines surrounding how gift cards can be used as a project resource.
Eligible gift card requests include:
- Gift cards for your students to buy books from a bookstore on a class trip
- Gift cards to give to your students as a reward or incentive
Ineligible gift card requests include:
- Gift cards for your students to buy things from superstores, drugstores, or any other general store
- A cash card or prepaid debit card
- A gift card to purchase items that our vendors carry - in this case, we will ask you to shop through our vendors instead
Some gift card requests will need to go through our reimbursement process. A popular example is requesting a gift card to a grocery store to purchase fresh food. In this case, you can title your item to be reflective of your needs (for example “snacks,” “fresh fruits & veggies,” etc.) and link your gift card in the URL section of your project creation. Instead of sending you a physical gift card or reimbursing you for a gift card purchase, we will ask that you purchase the food items yourself and submit your receipts to us for reimbursement.