Teachers can request gift cards from TPT (formerly Teachers Pay Teachers). These gift cards can be spent on any of the resources available on TPT.
DonorsChoose policy: TPT gift cards received as part of a funded DonorsChoose project may not be used to purchase materials from a TPT store that you own, control, or otherwise derive a financial benefit from.
What can I request?
When creating your project, you’ll be able to request $100 gift cards to be used on TPT resources. Each project may request a maximum of 5 gift cards.
Make sure to describe the specific resources you want to purchase on TPT in your project essay, and how they will be used.
How do I create a project for TPT resources?
Log in to your account to create a new project.
- Select the Standard project type on the first screen.
- On the ‘What’ page, search for TPT in the shopping bar and select the TPT gift card
- The only item you can request from TPT is $100 gift cards. You can add a maximum of 5 gift cards to your cart.
- On the ‘Why’ step of creating your project, describe the digital resources that you want for yourself or your students from TPT, and how they will be used for remote teaching or learning.
- Complete the rest of your project! If you need additional materials from our other integrated vendors, you’re welcome to add them to your project.
How do I get my gift cards after my project is fully funded?
Once your project is fully funded, you’ll be asked to confirm funding through your DonorsChoose account.
After you’ve confirmed funding for your project, your TPT gift cards will be emailed to you within three business days. Gift cards will be sent to the email address for your DonorsChoose account. Make sure to check your spam/junk folders, as the gift card could end up there.
You’ll receive 1 gift code for each $100 gift card you requested (i.e. if you were fully funded for 3 $100 gift cards, you’ll receive 3 separate codes).
How do I use my gift cards?
Head to TPT and shop for the digital resources that you described in your project essay. When checking out with your cart, you’ll be able to apply the $100 gift card(s) that were emailed to you. Hold onto your gift card(s) if you do not use the entire value. You'll enter the code(s) at check out for each order you place until the entire value of your gift card(s) is/are redeemed.
If you need help with your DonorsChoose project, or are looking for your TPT gift cards, please contact our team!
If you have questions about specific resources or your order on TPT, you can reach out to their team.