During the 2022-2023 school year, in-person Professional Development projects are unavailable. Fill out this form to let us know this project type is important for you.
You can submit a virtual Professional Development project like this great opportunity.
What types of Professional Development can I request?
While many virtual PD experiences are eligible as long as they meet project eligibility requirements, we are unable to post projects for virtual experiences and resources from Get Your Teach On. Please make sure your virtual event date is within 2-8 months of the date you posted the project.
Professional development projects help teachers acquire knowledge, skills or credentials to improve their craft as a teacher and create a direct impact on student learning.
Professional development projects must clearly describe:
- The learning objective (eg. socio-emotional teaching techniques)
- How the learning objective will be achieved (eg. books, conferences, training)
- How students will benefit (eg. more up-to-date AP content)
- Event Registration: If you need to submit a deposit to participate in an event, that is a-ok. However, you should not pay out of pocket for the full event registration prior to submitting your project. Our team needs to be directly involved in payment to the vendor.
- Bundled Packages: Bundled pricing for PD events can be requested if there are no ticket types/options. For example a ticket that’s all inclusive for event registration, food, transportation and lodging would be switched for an available ticket for event registration.
- Event Timeline: You can post your project for an event anytime between 2 and 8 months from the date you submit your project, even if it’s next school year
- Visitor projects can request the cost of the virtual visitor.
- We aren’t able to cover food/lodging/transportation reimbursements for visitors. If those expenses are needed, they should be included in the visitor’s quote.
- Technology: Resources serve to facilitate your learning! Projects that request technology devices should illustrate how the device will allow you to access professional development resources.
- Check out commonly requested resources and experiences for professional development.
How can I thank my donors?
Donors love having a new way to support your classroom, and they’ll be excited to hear about what you learned. Check out our tips for completing your Professional Development thank-you package.
Select Professional Development when you create a project: