Every project on DonorsChoose.org is reviewed by our team before posting, to make sure we aren’t collecting or sharing any information that would put students at risk.
Here’s how you can help your students participate safely in student-led projects:
- Only work with students age 13 and over on these projects.
- As with any project, be sure you have permission from a parent or guardian before using a photo that includes a student's face.
- Post projects on behalf of your students, rather than giving them access to your account.
- Do not include students' full names in the project essay or thank-you notes.
- Contact us if your students have questions. Don’t share their email addresses or other personal information.
If you notice a student’s personal information (full name, email, phone number, etc.) has been shared on our site, let us know so that we can remove it.