When you submit your student thank-yous, we can get them to your donors faster if you follow these guidelines:
- 5 thank-yous for each qualifying donor. Not all donors require student thank-yous, so double-check your thank-you package instructions to find your donor list for each project. For small classes, it's okay to have each student write multiple letters.
- Use the donor salutations (when available). Your donors asked to be addressed a certain way, so ask your students to address their thank-yous accordingly. For instance, one donor might request to be addressed as "Mary," another as "Mrs. Smith," and a third as "Mary Smith."
- Mention the specific resources funded. Donors love learning exactly how their funds were used, so the more specific your thank-yous, the more likely a donor may return and support another classroom (or yours, again!).
- Review thank-yous before mailing them to make sure they don’t contain student last names, your school address or classroom number, or any inappropriate content.
- Don’t send media items such as CDs, DVD, flash drives, etc.
- If you have more than one donor, separate the letters for different donors using paper clips, then send the whole bundle in one single envelope with your project’s specific pre-paid label.
- Take photos of each note to retain as a backup.
For suggestions on creating student thank yous for: