The State of Nevada will fund $500 worth of materials (which equates to up to a $690 total project donation) to Nevada educators’ projects requesting resources to keep your students learning, supported, and safe this school year. Donations to eligible projects will be made shortly after a project is approved.
How to qualify:
- Teach PreK-12 in a Nevada public school.
- Create a new project on or after 7AM PST October 31st, 2023.
- On the HI page enter the campaign code “NEVADA” by clicking "Apply a campaign code."
- Ensure that your project’s total goal is under $1,000.
- Request resources to enrich your students' social, emotional, and mental well-being, and to further accelerate their learning and development.
- In your project essay, focus on how the resources you're requesting will elevate your students' learning experiences. Share the impact these materials will have on their academic growth.
- If you’re requesting instructional materials, note how they align with Nevada Academic Content Standards.
How you’ll receive funding:
If your project meets the above criteria, you’ll receive a $690 donation as soon as your project is reviewed by our team and posted on our site, while funds last. This donation covers up to $500 in resources.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects posted before October 31st, 2023
- Projects with a total goal over $1,000 (this includes all fees)
- Materials from Teachers Pay Teachers
- Projects of the following types: Professional Development, Special Requests, Virtual Class Trip or Visitor
With thanks to State of Nevada
The Nevada Department of Education’s mission is to improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence. They are honored to fund these projects on our site!
Frequently Asked Questions
All Nevada public school educators who teach students in Pre-K – 12th grade are eligible for the program. For the purposes of this program, “Nevada educator” is defined as any full-time equivalent public-school employee who spends the majority of their time directly educating or counseling students. Read more at this link. Only one DonorsChoose account per teacher is permitted.
Educators can request classroom resources, including but not limited to supplies, technology, and instructional materials.
No. Funding through this partnership is intended to address the individual and specific need(s) of each educator and classroom. Educators must submit their own projects to participate in the program.
If your project’s total project goal is under $690, then you will be fully funded by the $690 Nevada donation. This means that you should request around $500 in materials. The rest of your project’s costs are then covered by the remainder of the Nevada donation. Here’s an example project that has less than $690 in cost.
Projects posted before October 31st are not eligible for funding. It must be a new project. If a teacher has multiple projects available, the project posted first will receive the donation. Educators are encouraged to post additional projects to DonorsChoose and benefit from our community of donors.
After your project has been fully funded and you’ve received all of your materials, you’ll be prompted to upload a short essay and some photos showing the impact your materials had in your classroom.
Your project will not receive the donation from the Nevada Department of Education. To receive the Nevada donation, your project’s total goal must be under $1,000. This equates to about $800 in materials.
Let’s say you realize that your project is higher than the $1,000 amount (or you want to adjust your project to be fully funded by the Nevada donation). If your project is approved on our site AND has not received any donations, you can make any edits you’d like by returning your project to a draft status. You can do this by heading over to the Projects section of your Teacher account and clicking on the "Return project to draft" button underneath your project title. Once your project is in draft status, you can make any edits to your carted materials and lower your total project goal then resubmit your project. Then, it will be re-screened by our team and re-posted if eligible. Read more about editing your project.