Update: The number of students required for this Classroom Reward has decreased from 20 to 15.
How does it work?
Starting January 3rd, 2023, teachers can earn a $100 DonorsChoose gift code by completing one of Google’s Applied Digital Skills lessons with at least 15 students and filling out a Classroom Rewards form.
How to apply for this Classroom Reward:
Create your Applied Digital Skills Instructor account or sign into your existing account
- You’ll need a Gmail/Google account to get started. (Don't have one? They're free and easy to create!)
- Select any Applied Digital Skills lesson to teach. We recommend a lesson from the following collections:
- Once you select the lesson, prepare to teach by reviewing the teaching materials for that lesson, such as the lesson plan and example projects.
- Follow the prompts to create a class, and share the class code with at least 15 students so they can join.
- Add the lesson you selected to your class and start teaching to 15 or more students! Teaching the lesson should take about 45-90 minutes
- Once your students have completed the lesson, take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills progress summary, showing that at least 15 students have completed 100% of the lesson.
- Fill out this Classroom Rewards form, where you’ll be asked to share the screenshot of the dashboard.
- Create your Applied Digital Skills Instructor account or sign into your existing account
Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we’ll send you your $100 DonorsChoose gift code, while funds last. Expect to receive your gift code within three weeks of submitting the form.
Please note, you will only be able to submit this form once. Our team is unable to make any changes or edits to your responses. Once you have submitted, you will not be able to retake the survey, and our team won't be able to re-open it for you.
Frequently asked questions
I've started teaching the lesson but some students are not showing up on my Instructor Dashboard. How do I add them into the class after they have started?
Please have your students rejoin by following the steps in this Google Help article.
I have fewer than 15 students in my class. Can I still participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity?
The threshold for earning the $100 DonorsChoose gift code is 15 students, but if you have a unique circumstance in your classroom that prevents you from meeting this threshold, please contact us.
I have participated in an Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity in prior years. Can I participate in this one?
You may participate again, but please teach a different lesson than the one you taught in the previous Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity.
Is there another image I can use for the Classroom Rewards form to show that my students completed the lesson?
You may also take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills teacher dashboard showing 15+ student stars. Please ensure that student names are not visible in the screenshot.
I'm having trouble uploading my screenshots to the classroom rewards form(s)?
Make sure that the file you are uploading is in one of the following formats - PNG, JPG, PDF, JPEG.
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about the Applied Digital Skills program, check out the Applied Digital Skills Help Center which includes all frequently asked questions.