Update 5/12/22: As of 10AM ET 5/12/22, all available submission slots for this classroom rewards opportunity have been filled. We're thrilled at how quickly teachers taught these lessons and filled out the survey. If you have already filled out the survey, you can expect to hear back from our in 2-3 weeks.
How does it work?
Starting Thursday May 5th, you can earn a $250 DonorsChoose gift code by teaching two Google CS First lessons to 10+ students, and then filling out a DonorsChoose form. $250 gift codes available while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Log in to your CS First account or create a CS First teacher account. You’ll need an account in order to complete the lessons with your students.
- Create a CS First class in your teacher dashboard, and choose two of the following Google Welcome to CS First lessons to teach your students:
- Take a Walk
- Interactive Scene
- Animated Card
- Meet the Neighbors
- Once you have your Class created and your activities selected and assigned to that class, invite your students to join the class and create their own student accounts. They will need the unique class code that you can access and provide from your class dashboard.
- Teach your chosen lessons to at least 10 students. Students will work through lessons and complete the coding steps in Scratch for CS First.
- Once your students have completed the lesson, take one screenshot of your CS First class progress dashboard, showing that at least 10 students have completed two lessons (they do not have to be the same students).
- Once you have your screenshot, fill out the Classroom Rewards form. You will need to upload the screenshot you took of your dashboard.
Within 3 weeks of completing the Classroom Rewards form, you’ll receive your $250 DonorsChoose gift code in your email. If there are any problems with your form submission, our team will reach out to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have fewer than 10 students in my class. Can I still participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity?
The threshold for earning the $250 DonorsChoose gift code is 10 students, but if you have a unique circumstance in your classroom that prevents you from meeting this threshold, please contact us.
I have taught a CS First activity before. Can I still participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity?
This Classroom Rewards opportunity is open to both teachers who have used CS First in the past, and teachers who are new to CS First.
Have additional questions?
If you have any other questions about the Classroom Rewards process, contact the DonorsChoose team through our contact form.
If you have a question about CS First or the please reach out to Google’s team.