Update 04/25/2022: As of 04/23/2022, funding for this Match Offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting April 4th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match, while funds last. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, $50 will become $100, etc.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach in a school where more than half the students are from low-income households.
- Keep your total project goal under $600, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- Create a project promoting environmental science and/or Earth Day, including topics such as school gardening, recycling, composting, Earth Day, plastic waste, and waste reduction.
- Select Environmental Science as your subject area.
What won’t qualify:
- You teach in a school where less than half of the students are from low-income households.
With thanks to The Johnson Ohana Foundation
The Johnson Ohana Foundation was founded by Kim and Jack Johnson to support environmental, art, and music education. The Johnson Ohana Foundation believes strongly in fostering environmental stewardship and service learning opportunities in the classroom. They are excited to match these environmental and Earth Day projects on our site as part of their Earth Day Match!