Update 3/21/22: As of 7:30PM MST 3/20/22, no new projects will receive funds from this opportunity, as all funds have been spent on eligible projects. We're so excited about the thousands of Arizona teachers who got projects funded through this opportunity! There's other ways to receive funding on DonorsChoose - check out some of our fundraising tips.
Update 3/18/22: Funding for this opportunity is running low, and we expect all funding to be allocated to eligible projects within the next few days. We'll update here once funds are no longer available.
Starting on March 8th, the Arizona Department of Education will apply up to $1,000 to Arizona classroom teachers’ projects requesting resources to support students in response to COVID-19. Funding for eligible projects will be applied shortly after a project is approved.
How to qualify:
- Teach PreK-12 in an Arizona public school.
- If you’re new to DonorsChoose, create a teacher account at www.donorschoose.org/teachers. Then return to this page to follow the rest of these instructions.
- Create a new project on or after March 8, 2022.
- On the “HI” page while creating your project, enter the campaign code ARIZONA by clicking "Apply a campaign code."
- Request resources to support students’ social, emotional, and mental well-being as well as the impacts of interrupted learning as a result of COVID-19.
- Keep in mind that your $1,000 grant includes the materials cost, applicable taxes and fees, and the suggested allocation to DonorsChoose. To keep your total project goal at $1,000 you should request around $800 in materials; you will see the project’s total cost update as you progress.
- In your project essay, make sure to describe how the resources you’re requesting will help your students through pandemic-impacted learning.
What won’t qualify:
- Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards are not an eligible resource for this funding opportunity.
- Professional Development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
How you’ll receive funding
If your project meets the above criteria, you’ll receive $1,000 in funding as soon as your project is reviewed by our team and posted on our site. Only one project per teacher is eligible for this funding.
With thanks to the Arizona Department of Education
The Arizona Department of Education is honored to fund these projects on the DonorsChoose site! All participating teachers should comply with any applicable local laws and school district policies when creating their DonorsChoose projects for this partnership.
Which educators qualify; who is eligible?
All Arizona public school educators who teach students in Pre-K – 12th grade are eligible for the program. For the purposes of this program, “Arizona educator” is defined as any full-time equivalent public-school employee who spends the majority of their time directly educating or counseling students. Read more at this link.
What resources can educators request?
Educators can request classroom resources, including but not limited to supplies, technology, and instructional materials.
Can a non-educator nominate an educator and/or project?
No. Funding through this partnership is intended to address the individual and specific need(s) of each educator and classroom. Educators must submit their own projects to participate in the program.
Can educators submit multiple projects for funding?
Each Arizona educator can only have one project funded through this Arizona Department of Education funding opportunity. However, educators are encouraged to post additional projects to DonorsChoose and benefit from our community of donors.
What is a thank-you package?
After your project has been fully funded and you’ve received all of your materials, you’ll be prompted to upload a short essay and some photos showing the impact your materials had in your classroom.