What kind of match?
Starting December 14th, all qualifying projects will receive a 5X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $100 donation. In addition, your first eligible project for the match will receive an extra $400 donation, with a $2,000 impact!
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify for the match:
- Teach in a school in Oakland, California.
- Teach in a Pre-K - 8th grade classroom.
- Create a project requesting resources to help your students improve their literacy and love of literature.
- Computers & Tablets are not eligible for this match offer.
- Select a subject area under the Literacy & Language section.
- Keep your total project goal under $10,000, including taxes, fees, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose.
How to get $2,000 on your project:
Follow all of the criteria listed above, and on your first eligible project, you will receive a $400 donation, which will turn into a $2,000 donation thanks to the 5X match!
Only one project per teacher will receive this $400 donation. The donation will be placed on your project shortly after our team has reviewed and posted it. Donations will be available while funds last.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects requesting Computers & Tablets are not eligible for the match offer or $400 donation.
- Projects for 9th - 12th grade are not eligible for the match or donation.
- Teachers can receive a maximum of $10,000 from this funding offer.
With thanks to Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation
The goal of Eat. Learn. Play. is to create a culture of reading in Oakland to grow and inspire the next generation of young readers. As part of that effort, we’re proud to commit $1M to fund literacy projects in Oakland public schools.