The Great Dollar General Book Match from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation will double donations on eligible books projects on October 21st! Starting at 7:00AM ET, all live, approved books projects will receive a 2X match, while funds last. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, $50 will become $100, etc.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the 2X match:
- Have a live, approved project on our site requesting primarily Books. This includes audiobooks, e-books, e-readers, and magazine subscriptions.
- If you already have a live, approved Books project on DonorsChoose, you’re all set! See how this looks on your project here.
- If you’d like to submit a Books project to qualify for the Match, submit your project by 10/18 for the best chance to have a live project on our site and receive the match on 10/21.
- The 2X match will be available starting at 7:00 AM ET on 10/21 and will last until funds run out.
What donations will receive the match?
Donations made to qualifying projects starting at 7AM ET October 21st, 2021, while funds last, will be eligible for the match.
- You’ll be able to tell that a project is eligible for the match offer because you’ll see a “2X” indicator on the project. When donating, you’ll also see a message that your donation will be matched.
- Credit card, PayPal, account credit, and gift card donations to live projects will be eligible for this match. Check donations and donor advised funds will not receive the match.
- Donations made before a project is live (when it’s in the friends and family pre-funding stage) will be matched only if an eligible project is approved on October 21st.
What won’t qualify:
- Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards are not an eligible resource.
With thanks to Dollar General Literacy Foundation
The Dollar General Literacy Foundation believes that every child should have the opportunity to fall in love with reading and build skills for a brighter future. They are proud to support book projects nationwide through the Great Dollar General Book Match!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if my project will qualify for the match?
There are a few different ways to know if your project will qualify for this match:
- Your project will qualify if it is categorized as a Books project.
- If your project is requesting primarily audiobooks, e-books, e-readers, or digital or online magazine subscriptions.
What exactly is a book project?
A project is automatically categorized as “books” if the project’s cost is mostly made up of books. If, however, you have a project live on our site that you think is a book project, but you don’t see the Books label on the right side of your project, let us know.
Will audio books and electronic books qualify?
Audiobooks, e-books, and e-readers all qualify for this match!
Will magazines and newspapers qualify?
Yup! Paper and online subscriptions are categorized as book projects.
What about if the book is for me, and not my students?
Professional development book projects are eligible for this match.
I don’t have a live books project on the site right now. Can I submit one today and qualify for the match?
This match is only for live projects on our site. You are welcome to submit a project now, but we cannot guarantee that our volunteer teacher screeners will be able to approve it in time for the match. Most projects are reviewed and approved within five business days.