Between September 27th and October 24th, anyone can vote for their favorite DonorsChoose projects on limeadesforlearning.com. Each week, the projects with the most votes will receive a $600 donation.
How to get your project on LimeadesforLearning.com:
- Choose the SONIC Teacher affiliation in your account. Learn how to affiliate yourself.
- You may also be asked for your Teacher ID. Here’s how to find that information.
- If you don’t already have a project live, post one! Keep the total project goal under $600 for the chance to get full funding.
- Once your project is approved and posted live on our site, your project will automatically be included on LimeadesforLearning.com (if you don't see it right away, wait 1-2 days).
- Encourage your friends, family, and local community members to vote for your project starting on Monday, September 27.
How funding works:
- Funding will be allocated every Monday afternoon during Fall Voting to the projects that receive the most votes.
- Each project will receive a maximum of $600 with support from SONIC Drive-In. If your project needs more than $600 to complete, it will remain on DonorsChoose, where other donors can continue to donate to the project.
- Only one project per teacher will be funded each week. If more than one of your projects is a top vote-getter in a given week, one will be funded and the other will retain its vote total for the next week, making it very likely to be funded later in the campaign.
How voting works:
There are 3 ways to vote for your favorite projects on www.limeadesforlearning.com:
- The public can vote for their favorite project once per day, per e-mail address, at www.limeadesforlearning.com.
- Earn extra votes for projects through the new mobile app integration: with every purchase made in the SONIC App or online, guests will receive one vote code in their e-receipt redeemable at LimeadesforLearning.com throughout the month of voting
- Please note, SONIC is no longer distributing vote code stickers with every purchase at participating Drive-Ins; all vote codes will be distributed via e-receipt following online or SONIC App purchases
- Please note that vote codes were worth 2 votes in years past but this year and moving forward they are worth one vote
- Earn three extra votes automatically in your LimeadesForLearning.com account after voting 10 times
Each week (October 4 through October 25) SONIC will fund up to $250,000 towards the projects that have received the most votes.
How many votes does it take to get funded?
We'll update this page each Monday (after we pull the numbers on Sunday night) with the number of votes it took to get funding that week.
Week 1 (October 4): 127
Week 2 (October 11): 237
Week 3 (October 18):
Week 4 (October 25):
Have more questions? Check out SONIC’s fantastic FAQs.
With thanks to SONIC Drive-In
Through its ongoing Limeades for Learning campaign, SONIC Drive-In provides essential supplies teachers need to create an innovative and engaging classroom experience in public schools nationwide.