Update 9/24/21: As of 3:00AM ET, funding for this opportunity is no longer available, and no donations made after that time will be matched.
Strongest Start match offer for one-day-only on September 23rd
Starting at 7AM ET on Thursday, September 23rd, all projects that meet the below criteria will qualify for a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation, and so on.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the Strongest Start match:
- Teach at a school where more than three quarters of students are from low-income households. Check out more information on how DonorsChoose defines economic need.
- Have a live, approved project on our site by Thursday, September 23rd at 7:00AM ET.
- For the best chance at having a project approved by 9/23, submit your project by September 16th
What donations will receive the match?
- Donations made to eligible projects between 7AM ET September 23rd and 3AM ET September 24th will be matched.
- Projects that are eligible for the match will have a 2X icon on them, and indicate that donations will be matched by Strongest Start
- Donations made during friends and family pre-funding will only be matched if the project is approved on September 23rd.
- Check donations will not be eligible for the one-day match.
How long does the Strongest Start match last?
Donations made to qualifying live, approved projects between 7AM ET September 23rd and 3AM ET September 24th will be matched.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if my project qualifies?
You’ll know that your live project will qualify for the match if you see an economic need designation on your project that says “More than three quarters of students from low-income households" or "Nearly all students from low-income households."
On September 23rd, you should see a 2X indicator on your project, showing that all donations you receive that day will be matched.
How do I know what my school’s economic need level is?
A school's economic need level will also be displayed on every project posted from that school, under the teacher's details.
Can I post a project for the Strongest Start?
Only qualifying projects that are live on September 23rd will receive the match. Our team of staff and volunteers are working hard to screen as many projects as possible - for the best chances of qualifying, submit a project by September 16th! Most projects are reviewed and posted within five days of being submitted.
I submitted a project this week. Will it be approved in time?
We’re aiming to make sure that as many projects as possible that were submitted before 9/16/21 are approved in time for this match. It often takes 5 days for a project to be screened, and it may take longer during this busy time of year. We recommend submitting your project ASAP for the best chance at getting it approved in time!
What if I have a different match offer?
Some projects qualify for other match offers; in that case, those projects will receive the match for which they currently qualify, instead of this one-day-only match.