The Nevada Department of Education, in collaboration with Governor Sisolak and the State Legislature and DonorsChoose, will apply $954 to Nevada teachers’ projects requesting resources to support students recovering from the impacts of COVID-19. $800 of the $954 donation will come from the Nevada Department of Education, and the remaining $154 will come from DonorsChoose. Donations to eligible projects will be made shortly after a project is approved.
How to qualify:
- Teach K-12 in a Nevada public school. Only projects serving students in grades Kindergarten through 12th qualify.
- Create a new project on or after September 29th, 2021.
- On the HI page as you create your project, enter the campaign code NEVADA by clicking "Apply a campaign code." You can also apply your campaign code at any stage of creating your project by clicking on “Enter campaign code” in the top left corner.
- Request resources to support students’ social, emotional, and mental well-being as well as the impacts of interrupted learning as a result of COVID-19. Your total project goal should be as close to $954 as possible, including all fees. If your total project goal exceeds $954, you’ll still receive this donation.
- Teachers Pay Teachers resources are not eligible for funding.
- In your project essay, make sure to describe how the resources you’re requesting will help your students through more than a year of pandemic learning.
- Note how the materials you’re requesting align with Nevada Academic Content Standards.
What won’t qualify:
- Teachers Pay Teachers gift cards are not an eligible resource.
How you’ll receive funding
If your project meets the above criteria, you’ll receive a $954 donation as soon as your project is reviewed by our team and posted on our site. The $954 donation includes $800 from the Nevada Department of Education and a suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
With thanks to The Nevada Department of Education as supported by Governor Sisolak and the Nevada Legislature
The Nevada Department of Education’s mission is to improve student achievement and educator effectiveness by ensuring opportunities, facilitating learning, and promoting excellence. They are honored to fund these projects on our site!
Which educators qualify; who is eligible?
All Nevada public school educators who teach students in kindergarten – 12th grade are eligible for the program. For the purposes of this program, “Nevada educator” is defined as any full-time equivalent public-school employee who spends the majority of their time directly educating or counseling students. Read more at this link.
What type of projects qualify for the program?
To be funded, projects must align with Nevada’s priorities for COVID-19 response and recovery, and instructional materials must align with Nevada Academic Content Standards (NVACS). The Nevada Priorities for COVID-19 response and recovery are:
- Ensuring safe and healthy in-person learning environments conducive to students’ social emotional and academic development
- Access to distance education and technological capacity for educators, students, and families
- Social and emotional support of students in response to the effects of COVID-19
- Support of parents, families, and communities
What resources can educators request?
Educators can request classroom resources, including but not limited to supplies, technology, and instructional materials.
How many Nevada educators can receive this funding?
At least 10,000 Nevada educators will receive up to $800 worth of classroom resources. Additional educators may receive resources if funding allows.
Can a non-educator nominate an educator and/or project?
No. Funding through this partnership is intended to address the individual and specific need(s) of each educator and classroom. Educators must submit their own projects to participate in the program.
Can educators submit multiple projects for funding?
Each Nevada educator can only have one project funded through this investment. However, educators are encouraged to post additional projects to DonorsChoose and crowdsource funding. More than 7,800 Nevada educators have received a total of over $13 million in classroom resources through crowdfunding on DonorsChoose since 2000.
How have Nevada’s classrooms benefited from DonorsChoose in
To date, more than 7,800 Nevada teachers have raised $13 million for projects that help go above and beyond in the classroom. In addition, ten Nevada school districts have joined the DonorsChoose District Partnership Program to date.
What is the process and timeline for awarding projects?
Eligible requests will be funded on a first-come first-served basis starting on September 29, 2021, and for as long as funding is available. Projects $800 or under are anticipated to be reviewed, approved, and funded within one week from educator submission.
Will the Nevada projects listed on the DonorsChoose website prior to September 29 be funded through this initiative?
Because all projects funded through this program must align with the Nevada COVID-19 response and recovery priorities and Nevada Academic Content Standards, only projects posted by Nevada educators on or after September 29 and following the Nevada program requirements will be eligible.
If an educator has already published a project prior to September 29 and it does not have any donations, they may cancel their project and resubmit it using the new instructions to qualify for this funding opportunity.
What is the DonorsChoose District Partnership Program?
The DonorsChoose District Partnership Program is a no-cost way for participating districts to: ensure educators’ projects align with local curriculum and technology specifications; access free ongoing reporting; and receive early notification of funding opportunities and resources.