What kind of match?
Starting September 7th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach at a school where more than three-quarters of students are from low-income households: Read our Help Center article to learn more about how we define economic need.
- Create a project requesting classroom basics.
- Classroom basics includes items like paper, writing utensils, binders, dry erase boards, index cards, stickers, posters and laminators.
- Keep your total project goal under $700 including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects requesting resources from Lysol and Microban won’t be eligible for this match.
With thanks to Clorox
Teachers play a critical role in helping families and students, and this past year, teachers went above and beyond. They brought food to hungry kids, WiFi to homes without internet, and more. They didn’t wear a cape, but they were superheroes.
Clorox wants to recognize teacher superheroes and help to clear their back-to-school wish lists. Clorox is proud to be supplying the classroom basics – from crayons and extra books to wipes and extra masks – teachers need to set their students up for success this year. Because sometimes even superheroes need someone to have their backs.