How does it work?
When you teach a lesson from Google’s Applied Digital Skills to 30 or more students and fill out our Classroom Rewards form, we’ll send you a $100 DonorsChoose gift code, while funds last.
Applied Digital Skills is Google’s free online curriculum, featuring ready-to-use lessons that use a project-based learning approach to teach practical digital skills. Each lesson presents a meaningful challenge and asks students to actively apply their understanding of digital skills to help them solve real-world problems.
No matter where you’re teaching this fall, start the school year strong by adapting Applied Digital Skills lessons to meet the specific needs and goals of your class, and prepare your students for the jobs of today and tomorrow.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Create your Applied Digital Skills Instructor account
- You’ll need a Gmail/Google account to get started. (Don't have one? They're free and easy to create!)
- Select any Applied Digital Skills lesson to teach.
- If you’re looking for Back to School ideas, check out this new collection, designed to help kick off a new school year:
- Once you select the lesson, prepare to teach by reviewing the teaching materials for that lesson, such as the lesson plan and example projects.
- Follow the prompts to create a class, and share the class code with at least 30 students.
- Add the lesson you selected to your class and start teaching to 30 or more students! Teaching the lesson should take about 45-90 minutes.
- Once your students have completed the lesson, take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills progress summary, showing that at least 30 students have completed 100% of the lesson. Then fill out this Classroom Rewards form, where you’ll be asked to share the screenshot of the dashboard. Here’s an example of what your progress summary should look like:
- Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we’ll send you your $100 DonorsChoose gift code, while funds last. Expect to receive your gift code within two weeks of submitting the form.
Q1: I've started teaching the unit but some students are not showing up on my Instructor Dashboard. How do I add them into the class after they started?
A1: Please have your students rejoin by following the steps in this Help article.
Q2: I have fewer than 30 students in my class. Can I still participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity?
A2: The threshold for earning the $100 DonorsChoose gift code is 30 students, but if you have a unique circumstance in your classroom that prevents you from meeting this threshold, please contact us.
Q3: I have participated in an Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity before. Can I participate in this one?
A3: You may participate again, but please teach a different lesson than the one you taught in the previous Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity.
Q4: Is there another image I can use for the Classroom Rewards form to show that my students completed the lesson?
A4: You may also take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills teacher dashboard showing 30+ student stars. Please ensure that student names are not visible in the screenshot. Here’s what your dashboard should look like:
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about Applied Digital Skills itself, check out the Applied Digital Skills Help Center which includes all frequently asked questions.