Update 02/12/21: Funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting January 26th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Create a project requesting essential materials that your students need to be successful while learning from home, whether it’s food and snacks, clothing, first aid kits, tissues, or personal hygiene items.
- Indicate that your resources are intended for remote learning on the ‘Why’ step of creating your project.
- Keep in mind, some resources may still have to be shipped to your school address, even if you intend to use them at home.
- Select Warmth, Care & Hunger as your subject area.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite warmth, care, and hunger projects:
- Alexa, Set An Alarm for 8 AM, by Mr. Holmes
- Noodles for Noshing, by Mr. Tsukuda
- Urban Vegetable Options, by Mrs. Gauff
With thanks to the Walton Family Foundation
The effects of COVID-19 on students, teachers and families is widespread, and our most disadvantaged students – for whom school is both a ladder and safety net – are disproportionately affected. Through this partnership with DonorsChoose, we can ensure teachers have the resources they need to meet the unique needs of every student.