Update 05/17/2021: Funding for this Match Offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing social emotional learning projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting January 25th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation. This match offer is also an Innovation Challenge - teachers who post the most innovative social and emotional learning projects will be eligible to earn a $5,000 DonorsChoose gift code as determined by a judging panel.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Create a project, on the HI step, enter the campaign code SEL
- Request materials that will help your students’ social and emotional learning
- In your project essay, describe how the materials you are requesting will be used to support your students’ social and emotional learning
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
- As your subject area, select Social and Emotional Learning (located under Applied Learning)
- Projects with the SEL campaign code are being reviewed by a special team of screeners for this partnership, and so your project may take 6 or more days to be approved
What won’t qualify:
- Projects submitted before 1/25/21 are not eligible for this match
- Professional development projects are not eligible for this match
- Projects requesting teacher-use materials are not eligible for this match
- Virtual class trip and virtual class visitor projects are not eligible for this match
- Projects requesting Teachers Pay Teachers gift codes are not eligible for this match
- Gift cards requested from any of our vendors are not eligible for this match
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite social and emotional learning projects:
- Art Life Lines, Supplies for Building Resilience, by Mrs. Gearhart
- Keep Calm and Counsel On: Guidance Towards Emotional Wellness, by Ms. Wentzell
- Virtual Learning Care Packages!, by Mr. Christ
Receive an additional $5,000 gift card through our Innovation Challenge:
Qualifying projects submitted before March 5th will be considered for this Innovation Challenge. The 5 teachers with the most innovative projects as determined by a panel of judges will each win a $5,000 DonorsChoose gift card! Winners will be asked to submit photos and participate in select media opportunities.
- Submit your project by March 5th, 2021
- Only the first project you submit will be considered for the Innovation Challenge
- The winning teachers will be selected by approximately April 22nd, 2021
- Here is the scoring rubric for how we will be evaluating submitted projects: