Update 12/1/20: New Castle County will consider funding additional projects submitted through Thursday 12/3/20, at their discretion.
What kind of funding?
On November 30, New Castle County will apply $1,000 to Delaware teachers’ projects requesting resources to support students during the pandemic. Projects must be submitted by November 24, 2020 in order to qualify for this funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach in Delaware.
- Enter the campaign code NEWCASTLE when you create your project.
- Request resources to support learning during the coronavirus pandemic; books and hands-on activities to send home, flexible seating and classroom supplies to help reduce contact between students in the classroom, or anything else that you need to teach remotely or in person because of COVID-19.
- Submit your project by November 24, 2020 in order to receive funding on November 30, 2020.
What won’t qualify:
- Professional development projects are not eligible for this funding.
- Projects unrelated to COVID-19 won't qualify.
How your project will be funded:
After you submit your project, our team will review it to ensure that it meets all above criteria. You’ll be notified via email if your project needs any edits. Eligible projects will receive up to $1,000 on November 30, 2020.
When your project is funded, and you’re asked to confirm your shipping information, please:
- Choose to send your materials to a custom address whenever possible OR
- If shipping materials to a school address, select an order date prior to December 30th. Keep in mind that most materials arrive within 2-3 weeks of the order date.
With thanks to New Castle County
New Castle County wants to help Delaware teachers get what their students need during this tough school year. Thank you for all your hard work in addressing Coronavirus learning loss and providing high quality education to your students, whether remotely, in person, or both!