Update 3:00 AM ET 12/2: The site-wide match offer is over, and no donations made after 3AM ET will be matched. We're so excited for all of our teachers, and so grateful for all of our donors.
This GivingTuesday, December 1st, starting at 7:00 AM EST, all live, approved projects will receive a 2X match, while funds last. That means a $30 donation will become a $60 donation, $50 becomes $100, and so on.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the match:
- Have a live, approved project on our site by December 1st at 7:00 AM EST.
- If you already have a live, approved project on DonorsChoose, you’re all set! If you have multiple projects live on the site, all of your projects will be eligible for the match.
- Standard, Special Request, Virtual Class Trip and Visitor, and Professional Development projects can all qualify for this match.
What donations will receive the match?
Donations made between 7AM EST December 1st, 2020 and 3AM EST December 2nd, 2020 will be eligible for the match.
- Credit card, PayPal, account credit, and gift card donations to live projects will be eligible for this match. Check donations and donor advised funds will not receive the match.
- Donations made during friends and family pre-funding will only be matched if the project is approved on December 1st.
How long does the match last?
Donations made to an eligible live, approved project between 7AM EST December 1st, 2020 and 3AM EST December 2nd, 2020 will be matched, while funds last.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I post a project for the match?
Yes, but only projects that are live on December 1st will receive the match. Our team of staff and volunteers are working hard to screen as many projects as possible. Most projects are reviewed and posted within five business days of being submitted.
How will I know if my project qualifies?
If your project is live on our site, you’re all set! On December 1st, you should see a match indicator on your project, indicating that all donations you receive that day will be matched.
What if I have a different match offer?
Some projects qualify for other match offers; in that case, those projects will receive the match for which they currently qualify, instead of this one-day-only match.