What kind of match?
Starting 11/30/20, all qualifying projects will receive a 5X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $100 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Your school is in a rural community. If you’re not sure how your school is classified on DonorsChoose, let us know.
- You teach in a school where more than three-quarters of students are from low-income households. (Click the following link to learn about how economic need is defined on our site)
- Request resources that support your students with Special Needs.
- Keep your total project goal under $2,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- Select Special Needs as the subject area for your project.