Starting on October 8th, 2020, you can create a virtual class trip or virtual class visitor project for your students or yourself. Dreaming of having an author Zoom into your remote classroom? Thinking about attending a professional development event online? You can now submit a project for your virtual ideas!
In-person class trip and class visitor projects will still be unavailable through Spring 2021 at the earliest. This includes any project that requires travel on the part of teachers or students. See more details here.
- Your virtual event must take place during the current school year, and within 2-8 months from the day you submit your project.
- If your virtual trip or visitor has a deposit or payment due before the event date, use that date as your event date when submitting your project.
- You’ll need to upload a payment document(s) for the cost of your event.
- As part of your virtual class trip or virtual class visitor project, you’ll be able to request funding for the activity/event and additional miscellaneous costs. If you are creating a virtual class trip for your students, you can also request food costs.
- Transportation and lodging are not eligible project costs, because all trips or visitors must take place virtually.
- Partial cost projects: You can submit a virtual trip or virtual visitor project for less than the total cost of your event as long as you can guarantee the remaining amount is being paid for by other means. Please include this information in your project essay so your donors and our team know that you only need partial funding.
Looking for inspiration?