Update 4/27/21: Our team is aware of a bug that displays the error message "Oops. We couldn't find the page that you were looking for. Try clicking one of the links at the top of the page to get back on track" when teachers submit their Classroom Rewards form. If you see this page, your submission was successful. Our team will review your form within the next two weeks, and your gift code will be on its way shortly!
We'll update this page as soon as the bug has been resolved, thank you for your patience.
How does it work?
Starting November 5, complete one of The Compassion Project’s digital lessons with at least 5 of your 2nd - 4th grade students, and receive a $65 DonorsChoose gift code when you fill out the Classroom Rewards form, while funds last. The Compassion Project, from EVERFI, is a first-of-its-kind national initiative to provide compassion education to elementary school students across the US. Note: this program is only available to teachers who've never completed a Compassion Project lesson for DonorsChoose rewards before.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Teach in a 2nd - 4th grade classroom.
- Sign up on EVERFI and register your students. Check out this one-pager for step-by-step instructions.
- Once your students are registered for your class, have them complete one of the self-paced digital lessons. Each lesson includes a ~3 minute video and a related game that will allow students to practice what they’ve learned. The whole lesson should take about 30 minutes. Complete at least one of the following lessons with at least 5 students:
- Compassion Playground - Before students can understand how to act more compassionately, they must first develop a foundational understanding of the concept. In this lesson, compassion is taught in context so that young learners are able to relate it to their own personal experiences.
- EmpathEyes (our favorite!) - Students put on Empathy Goggles to understand the perspectives of three different students in class, connecting the dots between empathy and compassion.
- Mindful Maze - The technique of calmly paying attention to the present moment, or being mindful, helps improve self-regulation and sense of well-being. Students practice different mindfulness exercises in this lesson and discuss how it may help their daily routines.
Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $65 DonorsChoose gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the completion form.
Please note, you will only be able to submit this form once. Our team is unable to make any changes or edits to your responses. Once you have submitted, you will not be able to retake the survey, and our team won't be able to re-open it for you.
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about the Compassion Project digital lesson, you can find your individual School Manager by clicking the Support button on your teacher dashboard. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, you can also contact the Compassion Project’s call and chat support by clicking on the Help button on your teacher dashboard. A FAQ can also be found by clicking on the Help button in your teacher dashboard.