Update 11/13/2020: The Classroom Rewards form for this Classroom Rewards is no longer active, and new submissions will not be accepted. If you have already submitted your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your gift code within the next two weeks! Huge thanks to our stellar teacher community for participating in this exciting opportunity.
How does it work?
Starting November 9th, you can earn a $100 DonorsChoose gift code by celebrating Computer Science Education Week with CS First Unplugged, an Hour of Code activity, and filling out a Classroom Rewards form. The CS First Unplugged activity is a great way to introduce computational thinking to students, without needing access to computers or an internet connection. This program is accessible digitally or in a physical booklet, so you can teach it no matter your classroom setup. $100 gift codes available while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- There’s a printer-friendly version of the activity booklet that you can print and distribute to your students (or have them print at home), and a digital version of the lesson activities that students can use if they have devices and an internet connection.
- The three activities in the booklet introduce students to computational thinking concepts, without the need for computers or prior coding knowledge.
- The booklet activities are best suited for grades 4 - 8.
- The booklet activities should take students around 1 hour to complete
- As part of the form, you’ll be asked to provide a sample of student answers for activity 3 - make sure to collect your students’ responses!
Please note, you will only be able to submit this form once. Our team is unable to make any changes or edits to your responses. Once you have submitted, you will not be able to retake the survey, and our team won't be able to re-open it for you.
Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $100 DonorsChoose gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the Classroom Rewards form.
Need tips or more information on CS First Unplugged?
Check out the CS First Unplugged Lesson Plan for more information on learning objectives, further activities, topics covered, and suggestions for teaching CS First Unplugged in a remote, in-person, or blended classroom setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t have 10 students?
If you don’t have 10 students in a single class, but teach multiple class groups, you’re welcome to combine classes! This activity can be introduced virtually and asynchronously as well as in person. If you don’t have access to 10 students, please reach out to our team.
What if I’m teaching virtually?
Students can work on this activity booklet without any real-time instruction -- all the instructions are provided! You could either print and distribute hard-copies, or share a link to the printer-friendly version for students who may have printers at home. There’s also a digital version of the activities that can be completed with your students on the CS First website (devices and internet required, but no account creation necessary). Check out the CS First Unplugged Lesson Plan for suggestions for teaching this workbook in a remote, in-person, or blended classroom setting.