What kind of match?
Starting September 9th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach in a 3rd - 12th grade classroom
- On the ‘Hi’ step of creating your project, enter the campaign code WEVOTE
- Create an innovative project to engage your students in taking civic action this election season. Some examples of civics topics include:
- Voting rights
- Voting registration
- Media literacy
- Student government
- Community organizing
- Keep your total project goal under $850, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
What won’t qualify:
- Professional development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Projects requesting Flexible Seating, Reading Nooks Desks and Storage, or Lab Equipment are not eligible for this match offer. See more on how project resource categories are selected.
Looking for inspiration?
In this deck, we’ve included a few sample project ideas and a few web resources to help you get started.
Receive an additional $5,000 gift card through our Innovation Challenge:
Qualifying projects submitted before October 12th, 2020 will be considered for this Innovation Challenge. The 5 teachers with the most innovative projects will each win a $5,000 DonorsChoose gift card!
- Submit your project by October 12th, 2020
- The winning teachers will be selected by November 2nd, 2020
- If a teacher has multiple projects eligible for this match offer, only the first submitted eligible project will be considered for the Innovation Challenge
- Here is the scoring rubric for how we will be evaluating submitted projects: