Update 10/20/20: Week 3 funding was distributed as planned on Monday 10/19. The minimum number of votes needed to qualify was 124. The final round of funding will take place on Monday 10/26.
A tech issue meant SONIC was not able to end the voting timeframe for Week 2 as planned on Sunday, Oct. 11, so Week 2 votes continued to accumulate until Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 10:30 p.m. CDT. SONIC has also added an additional $100,000 to this opportunity, which will allow more projects to be funded each week. You can check out more details about this update on SONIC's blog.
Between September 28th and October 26th, anyone can vote for their favorite DonorsChoose projects on limeadesforlearning.com. Each week, the projects with the most votes will receive a $600 donation.
How voting works:
The public can vote for their favorite project once per day, per e-mail address, at www.limeadesforlearning.com.
- SONIC Drive-In guests can get a code that counts for 2 votes (yes, 2!) by visiting their local SONIC Drive-In and making a purchase.
- Vote online ten times and get three extra vote codes via email.
Each week (October 5 through October 26) SONIC will fund up to $250,000 towards the projects that have received the most votes.
How to get your project on LimeadesforLearning.com:
- Choose the SONIC Teacher affiliation in your account. Learn how to affiliate yourself.
- You may also be asked for your Teacher ID. Here’s how to find that information.
- If you don’t already have a project live, post one! Keep the total project goal under $600 for the chance to get full funding.
- Once your project is approved and posted live on our site, your project will automatically be included on LimeadesforLearning.com (if you don't see it right away, wait 1-2 days).
- Encourage your friends, family, and local community members to vote for your project starting on Monday, September 28.
How funding works:
- Funding will be allocated every Monday during Fall Voting to the projects that receive the most votes.
- Each project will receive a maximum of $600 with support from SONIC Drive-In. If your project needs more than $600 to complete, it will remain on DonorsChoose, where other donors can continue to donate to the project.
- Only one project per teacher will be funded each week. If more than one of your projects is a top vote-getter in a given week, one will be funded and the other will retain its vote total for the next week, making it very likely to be funded later in the campaign.
How many votes does it take to get funded?
We'll update this page each Monday (after we pull the numbers on Sunday night) with the number of votes it took to get funding that week.
Week 1 (October 5): 268
Week 2 (October 16): 197 (Any project with more than 197 votes on Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 10:30 p.m. CDT received SONIC funding on 10/16)
Week 3 (October 19): 124
Week 4 (October 26):
With thanks to SONIC Drive-In
Through its ongoing Limeades for Learning campaign, SONIC Drive-In provides essential supplies teachers need to create an innovative and engaging classroom experience in public schools nationwide.