Update 09/11/2020: As of 09/10/2020, funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting August 31st, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach at a school where more than three-quarters of students are from low-income households. See how economic need is defined on DonorsChoose.
- Create a project for your special needs students to use in a remote or home setting. Make sure to talk about how the resources you’re requesting will help set your students up for success in a new environment.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- Indicate that your resources are intended for remote learning on the ‘Why’ step of creating your project.
- Keep in mind, some resources may still have to be shipped to your school address, even if you intend to use them at home.
- Select Special Needs as your subject area.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects for resources intended to be used in a classroom setting are not eligible for this match offer.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite special needs projects:
- Math Essentials for Autism, by Ms. P
- Calm Down Kits, by Ms. C
- Bringing Speech Therapy to Children's Homes, by Ms. R
With thanks to AT&T
AT&T is supporting special needs teachers this fall in underserved communities across the U.S., ensuring all students continue to learn despite challenges from distance learning.