Update 06/07/2021: As of 06/06/2021, funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting August 7th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach in a school in Arkansas.
- Create a project that gets your students engaged with economics and increases their financial literacy. Talk about how you’ll use the resources you request to teach these topics.
- Keep your total project goal under $3,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- As your subject area, select either Economics (located under History & Civics) or Financial Literacy (located under Math & Science).
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite financial literacy and economics projects:
- Class Store 2020, by Mrs. Whitman
- Teaching Economics Through Picture Books, by Mrs. Jordan
- Creative Entrepreneurs, by Mrs. Taunton
- Financial Literacy Math Centers, by Mrs. Brown
With thanks to Economics Arkansas
The mission of Economics Arkansas is to promote economic literacy and the economic-way of thinking to Arkansas PreK-12 students by empowering educators to teach real life economics. They are excited to match these economics, financial literacy, and Stock Market Game projects on our site!