What kind of match?
Starting August 7th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- Teach in a school in Arkansas.
- Create a project that gets your students engaged with economics and increases their financial literacy. Talk about how you’ll use the resources you request to teach these topics.
- If you’d like to request The Stock Market Game for your classroom, enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET to get special instructions for your Special Request project as you create it - and read more below!
- Keep your total project goal under $3,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- As your subject area, select either Economics (located under History & Civics) or Financial Literacy (located under Math & Science).
Requesting The Stock Market Game through DonorsChoose
As part of this campaign, teachers can also request The Stock Market Game, which gives students in 4th to 12th grade first-hand experience with investing. As your student teams participate, they will gain a fundamental understanding of investing and how they might get their money to return a profit for them. Requests for The Stock Market Game will be created as Special Request projects, and will receive the 2X match offer.
Creating a Special Request for The Stock Market Game:
- Click the following link to register for the games. Questions about registering? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the campaign code STOCKMARKET when creating your Special Request project on DonorsChoose to get special instructions as you create the project.
- For this project, you’ll need to have 6 points in your account to request the game, so contact us if you aren’t able to follow the instructions below.
- When you reach the “What” stage, you’ll be able to select “Create a special request” at the bottom of the page. (Don’t see it? Contact us.)
- Upload the payment document you receive from Economics Arkansas.
- Submit your project to participate in the Stock Market Games by September 29, 2020 for the Yearlong and Fall games, or December 1, 2020 for the Spring games.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite financial literacy and economics projects:
- Gamify Our Classroom Part 2, by Ms. T
- Virtual Learning To Go Where No Student Has Gone Before, by Mrs. B
With thanks to Economics Arkansas
The mission of Economics Arkansas is to promote economic literacy and the economic-way of thinking to Arkansas PreK-12 students by empowering educators to teach real life economics. They are excited to match these economics, financial literacy, and Stock Market Game projects on our site!