Update 07/14/2020: As of 7:20PM ET funding for this match offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing projects that our teacher community created!
Update 07/13/2020: Funding for this match is running low. We anticipate all funding will be applied to eligible projects within the next week. If you have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
What kind of match?
As part of the ongoing #ISeeMe initiative, starting June 25th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- There are three ways for a project to qualify for matching funds:
- You’ve filled out our demographic survey, and described yourself as either “Black or African American” or “Hispanic or Latinx” OR
- You are a teacher of any background with a live, approved project on DonorsChoose requesting resources that encourage and teach inclusion, diversity, or antiracism in your classroom OR
- You are a teacher of any background with a live, approved project on DonorsChoose that explains how your requested resources will help students see themselves in your curriculum
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose
Looking for inspiration?
Check out this curated book list from our team, Google, and The Conscious Kid. These books are great resources for teaching inclusion and antiracism for all ages.