How does it work?
Once a week, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative will be donating $300 to eligible projects. Each teacher can receive a donation from this opportunity once.
If your project meets the criteria below, you will receive a $300 donation to your project within two weeks of it being posted, while funds last.
How to qualify:
- You teach in one of the following Northern California counties:
- Contra Costa
- San Francisco
- San Mateo
- Santa Clara
- You teach at a school where more than half of students are from low-income households. You can check out how DonorsChoose defines economic need in our Help Center.
- Create a project on DonorsChoose. Distance Learning Projects will qualify for this funding.
- Keep your total project goal under $2,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
- Only one project per teacher will be eligible for this opportunity. Each qualifying project will receive one $300 donation.
- Only projects posted on our site on or after 3/15 will be eligible for this funding opportunity.
When you’ll receive your donation
If your project follows the above criteria, you’ll receive a $300 donation within two weeks of your project being posted. Only one project per teacher will be eligible for this opportunity. Each qualifying project will receive one $300 donation.
With thanks to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is proud to support the learning needs and well-being needs of teachers and students.