Update 07/27/2020: As of 07/24/2020 all available funding for this opportunity has been applied to eligible projects. Cheers to all the graduates who will have supplies as a result of this match offer!
Update 07/22/2020: We are no longer considering new project submissions for this match offer. If you submitted your project before July 22nd at 12:00 PM EST, it will be reviewed and eligible for the match on a first-come-first-served basis. Qualifying live projects will continue to receive matched donations while funding remains.
Update 07/13/2020: Funding for this match is running low. We anticipate all funding will be applied to eligible projects within the next 2 weeks. If you have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
What kind of match?
Starting 5/14, all qualifying projects will receive a 3X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $60 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach at a school where more than half of students are from low-income households. Learn about how we define economic need.
- You teach students who are graduating from high school this year.
- Create a new project and make sure to enter the campaign code “GRADUATETOGETHER” by clicking “Apply a campaign code.”
- You can create a student-use Distance Learning Project for your students, or a standard project if that meets your needs. Learn more about how to create a Distance Learning Project.
- Request resources that will help your students be successful after graduation. The resources you request should be used by your students, and help them continue to learn and grow after high school. Some ideas for materials include:
- A mini fridge to take to college.
- A toiletries care package for their new dorm room.
- Backpacks to carry around textbooks.
- A laptop to further their education (if you’d like to request technology, make sure you’re creating a student-use Distance Learning Project).
- Keep your total project goal under $2,000, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.
What won’t qualify:
- Gift cards, from our vendors, or as a special request item, are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Professional development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Distance Learning Projects that request resources for teacher-use are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- If you are requesting technology for your students, make sure you’re creating a Student Distance Learning Project.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite projects for graduating seniors :
- Eagle Scholars College Signing Day 2020!, by Dr. Morrison-Lane
- Our High School's FIRST Decision Day!, by Mrs. Patterson
- Future Fashion Designers, by Ms. Chavez
With thanks to #GraduateTogether
As COVID-19 forces school closures nationwide, students are adjusting to new ways of learning and connecting. That’s why XQ and the philanthropic and corporate partners contributing to the #GraduateTogether campaign are proud to support the teachers of high school seniors in getting what they need to keep growing.