Update 06/01/20: Funding for this opportunity is running low. We anticipate all funding will be applied to eligible projects within the next 2 weeks. If you have a project idea in the works, submit as soon as possible for the best chance to receive matched donations!
What kind of funding?
Starting May 7th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation. Every Monday and Wednesday, the Ravenswood Education Foundation will fully fund eligible projects, while funds last.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach at one of the following schools in California:
- Ravenswood Middle School, East Palo Alto, CA
- Brentwood Academy, East Palo Alto, CA
- Costano School, East Palo Alto, CA
- Willow Oaks School, Menlo Park, CA
- Belle Haven, Menlo Park, CA
- Los Robles Ronald McNair Academy, East Palo Alto, CA
- Post a Distance Learning Project for resources that you or students need to continue learning from home. You can also create a standard project for this funding opportunity.
- Unable to create a Distance Learning Project? You may need to verify that you are a public school teacher before you can submit.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including all fees, shipping, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose.
How you’ll receive funding:
Once your project is approved and posted, you’ll receive an email notifying you that your project qualifies for matched donations from the Ravenswood Education Foundation. You’ll also see a logo on the right side of your project indicating that donations are being matched.
Every Monday and Wednesday (while funds last), the Ravenswood Education Foundation will be fully funding eligible projects. If your project has the 2X Ravenswood match, you are eligible!
What won’t qualify:
- Professional development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
Looking for inspiration?
We’ve been tapping our expert teacher community about what resources they most need to help their students continue to learn from home. Check out our blog for inspiration:
- Teaching Your Kids at Home: Advice from Expert Teachers
- Project Ideas to Help Students Learn from Home
- 5 Teacher-Tested Ideas for Engaging Families in Student Learning
With thanks to Ravenswood Education Foundation
Ravenswood Education Foundation is so inspired seeing Ravenswood students, families and teachers rise to the challenge of distance learning and are thrilled to support you to have the instructional materials you deserve!