Update 05/26/20: As of 05/22/20 2:00 PM EST, Funding for this Match Offer has been fully applied to eligible projects, and donations are no longer being matched. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available. We are thrilled to see all of the amazing Distance Learning Projects that our teacher community created!
What kind of match?
Starting May 7th, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match, while funds last. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach at a school where more than three-quarters of students are from low-income households. Learn about how we define economic need.
- Post a Distance Learning Project for resources that you or students need to continue learning from home.
- Unable to create a Distance Learning Project? You may need to verify that you are a public school teacher before you can submit.
- Keep your total project goal under $1,000, including all fees, shipping, and the suggested donation to DonorsChoose.
What won’t qualify:
- Standard projects, class trip and class visitor projects, and professional development projects are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite Distance Learning Projects:
- Snacks and Food 4 Learning, by Ms. Alcott
- Sweating From Home With YOGA MATS!, by Ms. Brown
- Keep Students Reading, by Ms. Flanagan
With thanks to Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
This Teacher Appreciation Week, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is proud to support the learning needs and well-being of teachers and students.
With thanks to FamilyAlbum
FamilyAlbum is proud to partner with DonorsChoose to help students and teachers access essential resources from home. To learn more about FamilyAlbum, click here.