Update 02/27/2020 7:00PM ET: Enough teachers have registered for this opportunity to claim all available gift cards. If you were the first teacher to register at your school, you should receive an email in the next 2 weeks letting you know if you’ve received funding. All registered teachers will receive an email with next steps for the Teach Kindness program from their team.
How does it work?
Starting Thursday, February 27th, K - 8 teachers can earn $100 by being the first at their school to register for the Teach Kindness program at Stand for Children. The Teach Kindness program helps educators to create kind and compassionate school environments for students in their formative years. You can read more about Teach Kindness on Stand for Children’s website. Gift cards will be available while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- All applicants must teach at a K - 8th school.
- Only the first educator to sign up at your school in the 2019/2020 school year is eligible to receive a gift card.
- Head to weteachkindness.org to sign up for your school.
- Click ‘Sign Up Now’.
- Sign up your school for the challenge, by entering your state, city, and school name
- Note: If your school has already been registered this cycle, it will show up under ‘Search for your school.’
- Next you’ll be asked details about your school and how you discovered Teach Kindness. In the fourth box, when asked ‘Where did you hear about us?’ Make sure to write ‘DonorsChoose’.
- Complete registration by entering information about your position and contact details .
- Check your email for a confirmation link from the Teach Kindness team to finish setting up your account.
- Once the Teach Kindness team has reviewed your registration, you’ll receive an email from them containing next steps, within 2 weeks of your registration.
- If you are the first educator to register your school in the 2019/2020 school year, you will receive a $100 gift card from the Teach Kindness team in your email within 2 weeks of your registration.
Q1. How can I tell if I’m the first educator at my school to sign up in the 2019/2020 school year?
A1. If you are searching for your school when signing up and see that it has already been registered, that means another educator has already signed your school up! You’re welcome to still register to participate, but you won’t receive a gift card.
Q2. I’m not receiving my confirmation link to finish registering my account.
A2. Make sure to check your spam and junk folders. The subject line of the email is “Confirm your Teach Kindness Registration”. If you haven’t received the confirmation link, you can get in touch with the Teach Kindness team at email@example.com
Q3. What if I wrote Donors Choose or donorschoose.org in the ‘Where did you hear about us?’ box?
A3. As long as you wrote some variation of DonorsChoose, you should be all set! If you forgot to write anything in the box, you can reach out to the Teach Kindness team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q4. When will I receive my gift card?
A4. You will receive an email containing next steps from the Teach Kindness team within two weeks of registering. If you were the first educator to register your school, you will also receive a $100 gift card by email.
Have additional questions?