Update 2/12/20 6:30PM EST: The completion form for this Classroom Rewards is no longer active, and new submissions will not be accepted. If you have already submitted your completion form, we will send you your gift code within the next two weeks! Huge thanks to our stellar teacher community for participating in this exciting opportunity.
How does it work?
Starting February 12, teachers will receive a $200 DonorsChoose gift code when they use Digital Promise’s Learner Variability Navigator and create a workspace, while funds last. The Learner Variability Navigator enables classroom teachers to identify Learner Factors that impact their students and the content they are learning, and then to be guided toward evidence-based strategies that will meet their students’ needs.
How to use the Learner Variability Navigator
You can watch this tutorial video on how to use the Learner Variability Navigator OR follow the steps below:
- Identify an upcoming lesson that you’d like to adapt to address the learner variability needs in your classroom. To use the Learning Variability Navigator, you can focus on one student or a group of students.
- Sign up in the Learning Needs Explorer.
- Your email will only be used to set up an account to save your workspace. Do not worry -- the Digital Promise team will not email you!
- Choose a learner model that most closely matches what you teach. If you teach in another content area, choose a literacy model aligned to your grade level.
- Explore the factor map and select factors that you want to address in an upcoming lesson by toggling the buttons.
- Hover over different factors to see how they are connected.
- Click on a factor to see the definition and more information about how it is connected.
- The factors you choose can be either strengths or challenges.
- The tool will recommend additional factors that are highly connected to your chosen factors. You can choose to add some of them, or click “Next” to skip this step.
- Now you will see suggested strategies that address your chosen factors. They appear in a prioritized order, so strategies that improve or support all of your factors will be listed in the first group.
- You can explore each strategy by clicking on it to read more. To access the full strategy page, which includes videos and additional resource links, click “Learn more.” From a strategy page, you can click the “Back” button on your browser to get back to your filtered strategy list.
- Select 2-3 strategies that you’d like to try in an upcoming lesson by clicking on the plus sign to add them to your workspace.
- Edit your workspace. Click “explore selections in workspace.” You can click on the pencil icon to edit your workspace.
- Update your title to include your first name and lesson title.
- Add a brief explanation in the “Add workspace notes” section, describing why you chose these factors and strategies.
- Please do not include any students’ names or personal information.
- See example workspace.
How to qualify for the $200 Classroom Rewards gift code
- Share your workspace with the Learner Variability Navigator team by clicking the “share” button on your workspace page and inputting their email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have shared your workspace, you may proceed to fill out the Classroom Rewards form. In the form, you will be asked to reflect on your workspace and confirm that you shared your workspace with the Learner Viability Navigator team.
- Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $200 DonorsChoose.org gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the Classroom Rewards form.
If you have any other questions about the Classroom Rewards process, contact the DonorsChoose.org team through our contact form.
If you have a question about the Learner Variability Navigator itself, reach out to the Digital Promise team at email@example.com.