How does it work?
Starting February 11, teachers who participate in Google’s Be Internet Awesome program with their students will receive a $100 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last. What's more, if you refer your colleagues, you'll earn up to five additional $25 gift codes when they participate in Be Internet Awesome, too, while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Head to Google’s Be Internet Awesome site (or visit their Spanish site) and download the Be Internet Awesome curriculum, which contains lesson plans, vocabulary words, activities, and worksheets that are designed to complement Interland (see step 2 for more details). How often you use this curriculum in your class is up to you!
- Get your students started on Interland, an adventure-packed online game that makes learning about digital safety and citizenship interactive and fun, by having your students complete at least one of the four levels. Students can complete different levels, but each student should complete their chosen level individually.
- After completing the level, print out the personalized certificates that your students will receive, and take one photo of at least 10 of your students holding up their certificates. Keep this photo handy, as we will ask you to upload it in order to receive the Classroom Rewards gift code.
- Once your students have their certificates, fill out the Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards form. Upload the photo of your students holding up their certificates.
- Once you’ve downloaded the curriculum and filled out the survey, the DonorsChoose.org team will email you a $100 gift code within 4 weeks, while funds last.
Want more rewards?
Refer a teacher to this Classroom Rewards opportunity and receive an additional $25 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last. Here’s how:
How to refer a fellow teacher:
- When the teacher you refer successfully completes Be Internet Awesome with their classroom, they should include your name and email when asked “Did another educator refer you to this opportunity?” in the Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards form.
- Once the referral is verified, the DonorsChoose.org team will send you your $25 gift code within 4 weeks, while funds last.
- Each teacher can earn up to five referral bonuses for telling teachers about this opportunity.
- We will update this page if funding for referrals has run out.
Q1. I accidentally uploaded a photo of only one student rather than all 10. Can I change it?
A1. While you won’t be able to update your photo after you’ve submitted your Classroom Rewards form, a member of our team will follow up with you if your photo isn’t eligible for a reward.
Q2. I’ve submitted a Classroom Rewards form for a different Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards opportunity. Can I still participate in this one?
A2. If you have already completed a Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards opportunity on DonorsChoose.org in the past, you are welcome to participate in this opportunity, but be sure that your students complete a new lesson this time around.
Q3. What unit did my students do last time?
A3. Unfortunately, we do not keep records of past lessons that your students completed. If you do not remember which lessons your students completed, we recommend choosing the lesson that is most exciting to you/your students!
Q3. Do I need a gmail account to run this activity for my students?
A3. Nope. You can download the Interland curriculum without creating an account.
Q4. Do my students need gmail accounts to complete the activity?
A4. Nope! Students can enter the Interland site and begin playing right away. It’s all web-based, so no apps or games to download, either!
Q5. What if I don’t have a printer to print out my students’ certificates for the required picture in the Classroom Rewards form?
A5. You can take a photo or photos of your students with the certificate on their computers or tablets.