What kind of match?
Starting December 16, 2019, all qualifying projects will receive a 2X Match. That means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
If your project meets the criteria below, new donations on your project will be matched as long as funding remains. You will see the match offer applied to your project as soon as it is approved and live on the site. Please note, the match offer will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- More than a third of the students at your school come from low-income households. Check out our Help Center to learn more about how we categorize economic need.
- Create a creative coding project, requesting coding kits like Makey Makey and Ozobot.
- When describing your project, describe how this project will aid your students in coding, programming, or engineering.
What won’t qualify:
- Projects that have a total project goal of over $1,500, including taxes, shipping, fees, and the suggested donation to support DonorsChoose.org, will not be eligible for this Match Offer.
- Projects requesting computers, laptops, and tablets will not be eligible for this Match Offer.
Looking for inspiration?
Here are some of our favorite creative coding projects:
- Makey-ing future inventors!, from Ms. Oliver
- We Do Code with Legos, from Mrs. B
- Awesome Osmo in Kinder!, from Mr. H
With thanks to Endless
Learning to code as a student can be a gateway to a passion for STEM, experimentation and invention, and a successful career after graduation. Endless believes that by supporting access to creative coding tools, our next generation of leaders will be equipped to shape technology – not be shaped by it. They are excited to match these creative coding projects on our site!