Update 12/23/19: As of 4:15pm ET, full funding and the 10X Match for Just Mercy projects is no longer available. We will update this Help Center article if additional funding becomes available.
Update 12/19/19: We are no longer accepting new projects for the Just Mercy funding opportunity. If you already have a live project, we will fund that project by the end of the week. If you have a project that is submitted but not yet live on our site, or if you are still working on a project that you have not submitted yet, you will receive an email from us with next steps.
How does it work?
Starting December 18, teachers who submit a pre-packaged trip project to take their class to see Warner Bros.’ Just Mercy (rated PG-13) will receive full funding on a weekly basis. Teachers can submit trip projects for full funding for a private screening of Just Mercy between December 18, 2019 and January 31, 2020. While we recommend planning your trip for January, your trip can take place between January 1 - February 28, 2020. We’ll work with you to schedule it once your project is fully funded.
If you successfully submit an eligible project, you will see a 10X Match offer logo appear on your project page as soon as it is approved and live on the site, which means you will also be eligible for full funding. Please note, the Match Offer logo will not appear during Friends and Family Pre-Funding.
How to qualify:
- You teach 6-12 grade students and can organize a field trip in January or early February. You can bring up to 250 attendees on this trip.
- Create a project and enter the campaign code JUSTMERCY by clicking “Apply a campaign code.”
- In the “What” section of the project creation process, select “Trips,” then select “Pre-packaged Trips.”
- Select the Just Mercy trip package that is right for your school or class size. Read the trip packages carefully, as different packages vary by attendee count.
- You do not need to know trip dates or theater locations when creating your project -- the One Community team will work out those details with you once your project is fully funded to make sure your trip takes place on a day that makes sense for your school. Please note, though, that most trips will take place between January 1-February 28.
- You can select any eligible trip date in order to submit your project, since our system prevents you from submitting a project less than 2 months before the trip date. We’re aware that your trip will happen between January 1 and February 28th even though our system will pre-load a different date.
- You can add up to $500 total of travel and food costs to your project beyond the package you select. The Just Mercy trip package you select will not include those costs. You’ll need to select the “Add another event cost” button and upload a payment document to request your transportation and food costs.
- Projects must be submitted by January 31, 2019.
What Happens Once Your Project is Fully Funded
- Within 2 business days of you confirming funding on your project, the One Community team (firstname.lastname@example.org) will get in touch with you via email to coordinate a trip dates and theater location for your trip.
Still have questions?
If you have questions about coordinating your class trip to see Just Mercy, contact the One Community team at email@example.com. Their customer service hours are 10am – 6pm EST, Monday - Friday. All teacher & staff inquiries will be replied to within 1-2 business days.
If you have questions about submitting your trip project on DonorsChoose.org or coordinating food and travel costs for your class trip, reach out to the DonorsChoose.org team via our contact form.