The Round Up for Schools app is a way that merchants using a supported Clover device can support schools in their community through DonorsChoose. From “Black Friday” (Friday, November 29, 2019) through “GivingTuesday” (Tuesday, December 3, 2019), DonorsChoose is running a Holiday Kick Off Challenge, offering an extra incentive for Clover merchants who use Round Up for Schools at their business.
How the challenge works for merchants:
- If you haven’t already, download the Round Up for Schools app in the Clover App Market. (Learn more about using the Round Up for Schools app)
- From Friday, November 29, through Tuesday, December 3, 2019, encourage your customers to round up their purchase to support a local school through the Round Up for Schools app.
- By Friday, December 6, DonorsChoose will calculate how many round-ups a business has collected, and apply a bonus donation to the business’ preferred school if they meet one of these three thresholds within the 11/29-12/3 challenge period:
- Businesses that get 10 round-ups during the challenge period will earn a $25 bonus donation in their name for their chosen school.
- Businesses that get 50 round-ups during the challenge period will earn a $150 bonus donation.
- Businesses that get 150 round-ups during the challenge period will earn a $500 bonus donation.
- We’ll email you to let you know the bonus you earned and the project(s) we supported in your honor.
Q1: As a merchant, do I need to keep track of how many round-ups I collect?
A1: No, we’ll calculate that for you and notify you after the challenge how you did and the bonus you unlocked. If you want to keep track during the challenge, consider keeping a tally sheet next to your Clover device.
Q2: Which school will get my bonus donation?
A2: We’ll make a bonus donation to a project or projects in whichever school you’ve selected to receive your round-up donations.
Q3: What if the school I’ve selected to receive round-up donations doesn’t have any live projects on DonorsChoose?
A3: If there isn’t a live project at the school you’ve chosen, we’ll support a project in your name from another nearby school.
Q4: Which round-ups count towards the challenge?
A4: Any round-ups that you collect from Friday, November 29, through the end of Tuesday, December 3, will be counted for this challenge.
Q5: Where can I learn more about the Round Up for Schools app?