Update 12/16/19: As of 2:30pm ET today, the Classroom Rewards form for this opportunity is no longer active, and new submissions will not be accepted. If you have already submitted your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your gift code within the next four weeks! Huge thanks to our stellar teacher community for participating in this exciting opportunity.
How does it work?
Starting November 13, complete one of The Compassion Project’s digital lessons with at least 5 of your students, and receive a $65 DonorsChoose gift code when you fill out the Classroom Rewards form, while funds last. The Compassion Project, from EVERFI, is a first-of-its-kind national initiative to provide compassion education to elementary school students across the US.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Sign up on EVERFI and register your students. Check out this one-pager for step-by-step instructions on how to do so.
- Once your students are registered for your class, have them complete one of the self-paced digital lessons.. Each lesson includes a ~3 minute video and a related game that will allow students to practice what they’ve learned. The whole lesson should take about 30 minutes. Complete at least one of the following lessons with at least 5 students:
- Compassion Playground
- Empathy Eyes
- Mindful Maze
- Once at least 5 of your students have finished one of the lessons listed in Step 2, navigate to your dashboard, and sort the dashboard so that students who have completed the lesson appear at the top.
- Take a screenshot of your dashboard. You will need this screenshot to be approved for the Classroom Rewards DonorsChoose gift code. Make sure the lesson name is visible in the screenshot.
- Complete the Classroom Rewards form. You will be asked questions about the lesson and you will upload the screenshot from Step 4.
- Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $65 DonorsChoose gift code. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the completion form.
Have additional questions?
If you have any other questions about the Classroom Rewards process, contact the DonorsChoose team through our contact form.
If you have a question about the Compassion Project digital lesson itself, you can find your individual School Manager by clicking the Support button on your teacher dashboard. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, you can also contact the Compassion Project’s 24-hour call and chat support by clicking on the Help button on your teacher dashboard. A FAQ can also be found by clicking on the Help button in your teacher dashboard.