Update 10/25/2019: Funding for this one-day-only Match has finished. Thank you to our wonderfully innovative teachers and donors. Together, we brought in over $2 million to classroom projects in just one day!
On October 24th, donors and teachers will have a special opportunity to bring classroom basics like pencils, pens, scissors, glue sticks, paper, and more to students across the country! Starting at 7AM ET, all live, approved classroom basics projects will receive a one-day 2X Match. For example, that means a $20 donation will become a $40 donation.
Here’s how teachers can qualify for the 2X Match:
- Submit a classroom basics project exclusively requesting the following types of supplies:
- Writing utensils
- Dry erase boards
- Index cards
- Poster board
- Hand sanitizer
- Cleaning wipes
- Your project must be live and approved by October 24th to qualify, so submit as soon as you can.
Once your project is approved and posted live on the site, you can check if your project is classified as a classroom basics project by looking for the “Classroom basics” tag under your classroom photo on your project page:
Note that some art supplies and food, clothing and hygiene projects will also qualify if they request the materials listed above.
Here are all the details of this one-day match:
- The match will be available from 7:00 AM ET on Thursday, October 24 until 3:00 AM ET on Friday, October 25, while funds last.
- The match will be applied automatically, so donors won’t need to enter a promo code.
- Credit card, PayPal, account credit, and gift card donations to a live, approved project will be eligible for this match. Check donations and donor advised funds will not receive the match.
- Some projects qualify for other match offers. In that case, those projects will receive the match for which they currently qualify, instead of this one-day-only match.
What if I already have a classroom basics project posted?
If your existing project is categorized as classroom basics (see picture above), you’re all set!
How do you decide what materials are tagged as “Classroom Basics”?
There’s more information in our resource category Help Center article about how we tag projects for matches like these, based on the resources teachers are requesting.
Why is this anonymous partner supporting projects for these items?
Teachers are remarkable everyday heroes, and our anonymous classroom supporter is honored to help supply teachers with the everyday materials they need. That’s why they’re matching all donations to this and other projects for classroom basics!