Update 10/18/19: As of 11:00 AM EST this morning, referral funding has been fully spent. If you referred a teacher who submitted the Classroom Rewards form before the Classroom Rewards opportunity became inactive on 10/10, and you have not yet received your referral bonus, the teacher you referred will receive a $100 DonorsChoose.org gift code. There is no funding remaining to back referral gift cards for referrers.
Update 10/10/19: The form for this Classroom Rewards is no longer active, and new submissions will not be accepted. If you have already submitted your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your gift code within the next two weeks! Huge thanks to our stellar teacher community for participating in this exciting opportunity.
How does it work?
From October 2 to October 31, teachers who participate in Google’s Be Internet Awesome program with their students will receive a $100 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last. What's more, if you refer your colleagues, you'll earn up to five additional $25 gift codes when they participate in Be Internet Awesome, too.
(Of note: If you participated in this Classroom Rewards opportunity last year, you are welcome to do so again this year!)
How to qualify for the rewards
- Head to Google’s Be Internet Awesome site (or visit their Spanish site) and download the Be Internet Awesome curriculum, which contains lesson plans, vocabulary words, activities, and worksheets that are designed to complement Interland (see step 2 for more details). How often you use this curriculum in your class is up to you!
- Get your students started on Interland, an adventure-packed online game that makes learning about digital safety and citizenship interactive and fun, by having your students complete at least one of the four levels. Students can complete different levels, but each student should complete their chosen level individually.
- In honor of National Bullying Prevention Month, Google recommends playing the Kind Kingdom level!
- After completing the level, print out the personalized certificates that your students will receive, and take one photo of at least 10 of your students holding up their certificates. Keep this photo handy, as we will ask you to upload it in order to receive the Classroom Rewards gift code.
- Once your students have their certificates, fill out the Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards form. Upload the photo of your students holding up their certificates (remember: you’ll need at least 10 students holding their certificates in the photo).
- Once you’ve downloaded the curriculum and filled out the survey, the DonorsChoose.org team will email you a $100 gift code within 2 weeks, while funds last.
Want more rewards?
Refer a teacher to this Classroom Rewards opportunity and receive an additional $25 DonorsChoose.org gift code. Here’s how:
How to refer a fellow teacher:
- When the teacher you refer successfully completes Be Internet Awesome with their classroom, they should include your name and email when asked “Did another educator refer you to this opportunity?” in the Be Internet Awesome Classroom Rewards form.
- Once the referral is verified, the DonorsChoose.org team will send you your $25 gift code within 4 weeks, while funds last.
- Each teacher can earn up to five referral bonuses for telling teachers about this opportunity.