Update 11/13/19: The Classroom Rewards form is no longer active, and new submissions will not be accepted. If you have already submitted your form, we will send you your gift code within the next two weeks! Huge thanks to our stellar teacher community for participating in this exciting opportunity.
How does it work?
Starting October 17, when you teach one of the recommended community service lessons from Google’s Applied Digital Skills (an online resource to teach and learn practical digital skills using free project-based video curriculum) to 25 of your students and fill out our Classroom Rewards form, we’ll send you a $150 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last.
How to qualify for the rewards
- Create your Applied Digital Skills Instructor account.
- You’ll need a Gmail/Google account to get started. (Don't have one? They're free and easy to create!)
- Follow the prompts to create a class, and enroll your learners with your unique class code:
- Select one of the following community service-themed Applied Digital Skills lessons to teach. The purpose of these lessons is to help you and your students plan and implement a real-life community service project. It’s an opportunity to learn new digital skills while having a positive impact on your communities. All of these lessons can be done in as little as 45 minutes:
- Please note: To qualify for the rewards, you must teach your students one of these 7 Applied Digital Skills lessons.
- To qualify for the rewards, you will teach your students an Applied Digital Skills lesson listed above. For example, you could teach “Plan Your Community Service Project”, and go through each of the mini-lesson links within that lesson unit. You do not need to teach the entire curriculum.
- Teach the lesson unit you chose in Step 3 to 25 of your students! Once your students have completed the lesson unit, take a screenshot of your Applied Digital Skills progress summary bar chart, showing that at least 25 of your students have completed 100% of the lesson. Here’s an example of what your progress summary bar chart should look like:
- Please note: To qualify for the rewards, you must enter the entire screenshot of your dashboard which includes the name of the lesson that you completed on the left side (not just the bar graph image). If your screenshot doesn’t include any lesson title, or if it includes one of the lesson titles not listed in Step 2, you will not be eligible to receive the DonorsChoose.org gift code.
- Once you’ve completed the lesson unit, fill out this Classroom Rewards form. You’ll be asked to share the screenshot or pdf of the progress summary bar chart mentioned in Step 4. Consider then going out and doing the community service project! You can indicate your interest in doing so in the Classroom Rewards form.
- Once we review and approve your Classroom Rewards form, we will send you your $150 DonorsChoose.org gift code, while funds last. Expect to receive your gift code within 2 weeks of submitting the Classroom rewards form.
Q1: I've started teaching students the unit but some are not showing up on my Instructor Dashboard. How do I add them into the class after they started?
A1: Please have your students rejoin by following the steps in this Help Center article.
Q2: I have participated in an Applied Digital Skills Classroom Rewards opportunity before. Can I participate in this one?
A2: You may participate in this Classroom Rewards opportunity, but you must teach one of the 7 community service lessons listed in Step 2 of this article to 25+ students.
Q3: Can I receive additional rewards if I do more than one lesson?
A3: Rewards are limited to one per teacher regardless of the number of total lessons completed.
Have additional questions?
If you have a question about Applied Digital Skills itself, check out the Applied Digital Skills Help Center which includes all frequently asked questions.